Monday, November 8, 2010

Wonderful Floral applique !

This is the quilt I'm working on now. What a fun quilt !  It has different appliqued flowers and the border is all 3 dimensional blooms.  I have the sashing design done, now on to outlining the applique and doing the background fill.  Think I will outline with clear Monolon. That way I can embellish the leaves, do designs in some of the flowers  and not have a lot of thread color change.  For the background I will use a new thread , Glide-Linen. It is a poly with a slight sheen and very thin..just the thing to do fills and not have them overtake the quilt. The pretty applique is the star here.
 As with a lot of the quilts I do, this has both Statler computer guided designs and freehand . Most of the work on this will be freehand, which I love to do! The sashing is Statler, done in Glide Xmas Pine. The winding flower pattern really complements the flower theme.  I will let you know how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment