Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Wilderness Quilt

Working my way down this beautiful quilt! This  large applique quilt has all manner of trees, animals and birds. So that means all freehand design and many thread color changes.
A fun challenge! As I move from area to area, I change the quilting design along with the thread. I 'm finding that the green of the trees is different than the fields and grass. Since I have lots of thread, I may as well use them! When I'm changing thread often, I just do a one time thread charge fee. Keeps it simple and easy on the client.

I will keep on working as I am only about 1/3 way into this!
Another view
Time to roll the quilt and see what's next, plowed fields and a tree with three dimensional blossoms!

1 comment:

  1. A masterpiece in the making! This is where your thread stash really comes in handy.

    ReplyDelete