Friday, October 21, 2011

Exquisite Quilting

I attended a major quilting conference in Portland, Oregon last week. Machine Quilters Expo or MQX. This show had been on the east coast for years, but this was the first time in the west. It will be an annual event  on this coast as well.
There were some gorgeous quilts and wear ables, classes, personalities, fashion show and even an ice cream party! I had lots of fun and learned so many tips and tricks ! It's a pleasure  to  be with others who understand my addiction!
Sunbonnet Sue is Irish?
Here are pictures of two of the best quilts that each won 2nd place ribbons in their category. These were both quilted by my friend and roommate, Deborah Poole of Shelley, Idaho. What a talent! Her quilting is very, VERY good!

What a unique quilting design on this Sunbonnet Sue. Not just the usual crosshatch! The quilting really shines the spotlight on the applique.

Isn't this border gorgeous? Great pattern choices. Piping adds an elegant touch!


The quilting on this Dresden Plate is spectacular! All those little pearls are so perfect! I love the secondary design she created by just circling the plates. Lots of inspiration here. I'm sure she will be winning more ribbons!
Karen's sea shells
On my frame today is this beautiful sea shell quilt. I just have a little more to do and then it goes home. The colors and embroidery on this quilt are so pretty. The bad thing about quilting for clients is that I have to give the quilts back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment