Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2012, it's here!

Well, 2012 snuck up on us and it's already 4 days old! I have been cleaning and organizing my studio and getting some client quilts done. On this morning and off and done, this Batik Swirl.

Here is a closer look and the thread used. We chose a beautiful gold Glide thread called Military Gold. Perfect for highlighting the golds in the batik fabrics. The pattern is Paisley Feather and you can see a bit of it in the picture above . 
I thought it was a good choice on this quilt.
Paisley Feather by Anne Bright.









Can you see the owl?


 Currently on  the  frame is this cute Owl quilt. We even found a quilting design that looks almost identical to the owls in the fabric. Yellow Permacore thread. Almost done and turning out very cute.

Remember this Mystery BOM 2010?
It is a Block of the month using Kate Spain fabric from the Fat Quarter Shop. I finished most of the blocks at a quilt retreat in rTemecula and when the final blocks arrived I finished it up. It has been sitting in my lineup. During the Christmas break, I do my own quilts and this one is now DONE! (except for binding)

YEAH !!
Now to find a project for this year's retreat.  February will be here before you know it.

That's it for today. Next up is an applique quilt with lots of freestyle quilting in the background!

No comments:

Post a Comment