Sunday, January 16, 2011

Block 6 LayerCake

Block 6
Here is my next block. I'm not thrilled with it. Maybe it will grow on me. The red shapes kind of jump out.  I think I should have done more variety. As we progress, there is less choice of the leftover layer cake squares. The borders of this were all from scraps as I am trying to have some left for the next 6 blocks!
  On the bright side I used my 50% off coupon at JoAnn's today and got a bolt of muslin. I can always use muslin for backings, but this is for practicing some new designs on the long arm. I will post pics later. Sundays I try to do my own stuff or take a break from customer quilting. (Unless I'm on a deadline)
 Tuesday I'm going to Road to California and taking a class. Whoo Hoo!! Maybe go again Saturday for another lecture and to see the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment