Sunday, July 17, 2011

Trick or Treat !


Isn't this a delightful quilt? I love all the bears in their Halloween costumes. Reminds me of growing up and how my brothers, sister and I  would plan our costumes,(changing our minds daily), and our trick or treating attack plan for the neighborhood. You always had a favorite house to get to first where they had the best goodies! These bears are ready to go .  




There are spooky surprises quilted in the purple background. Witch on a broom, scary cats among the mice, ghosts and spider webs! Sort of a Halloween "I Spy".
We didn't want a heavy look to this quilt, so I quilted in motifs and light fills. With applique quilts, I think the "star" should be the applique . It's a lot of work and needs to shine. This quilt lent itself to all sorts of fun motifs and I had fun with  the quilting.


Purely Purple Omni thread , So Fine black and Hobbs 80/20 batt. As always Diana's applique was perfect . This is a BOM quilt from http://www.fatcatpatterns.com/. They have some great patterns ,so check them out.Watch out for spiders !

No comments:

Post a Comment