Sunday, February 19, 2012

Retreat !!!

I am going on a quilting retreat to beautiful Temecula,Ca. I will see wineries, hot air balloons and lots of sewing being done. This is a real treat for me because I spend most of my time working my magic on clients quilt tops with my longarm. Piecing my own projects has slowed to a crawl.
Here is what I hope to get done:
  • 1600 Fast Strip quilt
  • Fire Escape top
  • Urban Cabin top
  • Dresden Plate blocks
Sound ambitious??? That is all,unless I find more enticing projects at the quilt shops we plan to stop & shop at!
I am doing the Scrappy Plate Quilt -a -Long over on www.bunnyhillblog.com
Here is a look at one of the blocks.

I think the borders and sashings are going to be prints too, so will be looking for inspiration. Maybe more polka dots.
I have always loved the Dresden Plate block and have two made by my Great Grandmother. They are just on display as they are fragile and well worn. I want one to use. I was also inspired by my friend, Deborah Poole of Shelley Idaho, who took a first place at the Road to California show in Traditional Large Applique with her fabulous Dresden's Dilemma.


Look at that quilting!!
Mine won't look this good, but I will give it a try!
Off to pack..back soon with pictures.

1 comment: