Sunday, January 22, 2012

"Road" trip !!

Road to California that is!
 Friday I was able to get to this great local quilt show. Every year it gets better and better. Unfortunately, I couldn't take any classes this year but the show was wonderful.
Walking in under the hanging display quilts, I spotted the one on the left. Several quilt buddies are doing a 12 inch Block of the Month and we are now deciding how to set them. This quilt with the big setting triangles is a good idea. Lots of places for nice quilting.(something I always think about)

First I had to visit the quilts that I had quilted!
 This one by Karen Powel , called Fruitcake
.
Isn't it pretty!! She did such a nice job on this and to think she almost gave up as she was tired of the black background. She said it took her a long time to finish and I'm glad she did! I think the black fabric really makes her applique stand out.
Butterflies, by Cathy VanBruggen Designs is another one that I did the quilting on. This is in her vendor booth and is a new Block of the Month starting soon, so you can make it too! If  you get a chance to take a class from Cathy, please jump on it! She is a great teacher. Check her out at her site..www.cathyvb.com
Now, highlights.

 This Dresden Dilemma quilted by Deborah Poole of Idaho placed First in Traditional Applique. her quilting is superior on this quilt.


Look at the background quilting on this...gorgeous!

Lobsters..love them. This could hang in my house!!


More luscious quilting. Really enhances the applique.

Very pretty. Like the setting and borders. I did feel that the blocks needed more quilting to be balanced with the rest of the quilt.

Viewer's Choice by Sherry Reynolds


This was a stunner!!!! Beautiful quilting, all sorts of tiny fills and all done on a Bernina!
These are just a few highlights. it's fun to go and be inspired by these beauties!
I did spend some $$ on fabrics. Right now I am collecting polka dots so added a few FQ's and a jelly roll in wild colors. Who knows what they will become!

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! Unbelievable workmanship! My Mom was a "white glover" this year at Road, and she was awestruck at the artistry. Your quilts are beautiful and I wish I could've seen them hanging in there!

    ReplyDelete