Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Colorful Rainbow Squares

I fell in love with these colors when I saw them in a jelly roll at the Road to California Quilt Show! These are Ombre Hand Dyes by Marcus . The quilt is designed by Nancy Rink for Marcus and is a free pattern. This roll and pattern is also featured on the back of the current Hancock's of Paducah catalog. There are several ways to set these blocks too.
 



Here is the full quilt. 40 X 60 Fun !!!













Close up of Modern Maze 1
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Quilting design is a more modern feel. Pattern is aptly called Modern Maze (Kristy Withers)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
The Glide variegated thread, Affinity in the Rainbow color was perfect. It behaved like a dream. I used a grayish magna-glide prewound in the bobbin.
This was my weekend personal project and now I must get back to the client quilt that is on the frame. Fun to sneak in some me t ime!

No comments:

Post a Comment