Monday, April 22, 2013

Quilting along

It has been hard with all the tragedy in the news from Boston to be cheery and upbeat . Quilting really helps as I find my mind gets absorbed into the quilt and what it needs. So it was  perfect that the three quilts up next were for a client's charity. Giving back to comfort someone in the midst of illness. Perfect use for a quilt. That's what I think quilts do anyway is comfort and cheer. At least I am always happy when I see a new quilt! How great of my client Pat to do this.

Here are two of the three done. Simple , but fun. The blue squares quilt has a simple meander in a light blue on it.
And the reddish orange quilt has sunflowers in the fabric, so I did a easy sunflower quilting design in a orangey-red thread.
Both are pretty and will be very welcomed by their recipients. The third is still on the frame and has a train theme. It is quilted with puffs that mimic steam in a light grey. More texture than design on this one as the train fabric is really the star.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment